Last night was the first kinda cold night for us here in Colorado and we were craving some comfort food…and meatloaf sounded good. I can’t tell you if I’ve ever craved meatloaf. But after last night’s dinner…it might be a regular thing!
- 1 lb ground buffalo (but you could use ground beef or ground turkey)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 little can of mild green chiles
- 1/4 cup eggbeaters (but you could use real eggs or egg whites)
- low sugar ketchup – although in the future I might kick it up a notch with some sriacha or cholula
- mix the meat, onion, green chiles, and eggbeaters in a bowl. Really get in there with your hands to mix it all up.
- make little meatballs and put in a greased cupcake pan.
- drizzle a little ketchup on top of each mini meatloaf.
- bake at 350* for 40 min.
- this made 8 mini meatloaves…two servings of 4 meatloaves.
- 2 peeled turnips cut in length-wise chunks. I say “peeled” because I did not know that turnips required peeling. I’m new.
- 1/2 onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- butter or margarine or pam
- salt, pepper, paprika to taste
- put all of the ingredients in a pan and sautee on medium/medium-low for as long as possible. :)