Just a quick recipe for you that I found at Paleo Diet Lifestyle last week. I adjusted it a little to have more soupy curry yumminess – which in the old days would’ve been quite tasty with some rice. But I barely missed it. Just add more spinach and enjoy!
Curried shrimps and spinach recipe
- ½ – ¾ lbs shrimps, peeled and deveined (I used already cooked shrimp)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over a medium-low heat and cook the onion in the coconut oil for about 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in the curry powder and continue cooking for a minute.
- Place mixture in a blender, add the tomato paste, chicken stock, and coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture back in the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add the shrimp and spinach and cook, covered, for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in a big bowl and eat up!